This hands-on lab runs in an Oracle VM VirtualBox environment. VirtualBox 6.1 is the minimum recommended Version.
In order to run the lab effectively you will need the following.
- CPU: Dual-core CPU
- Memory: 8+ GB RAM
- Disk space:
- 27.00 GB for download of ova file
- 50.00 GB for expanded VM image
- NOTE: If your hardware is near the minimums, you will need to adjust the virtual machine settings inside VirtualBox. See below.
- Any 64-bit OS on which Oracle VirtualBox is available
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 6.1 or later. Download the latest version from http://www.virtualbox.org
- Also include the VirtualBox Extensions package. This is a separate download from the same location
Software installed into virtual machine:
- Oracle Linux 8.5 with unbreakable kernel 6 (based kernel 5.4)
- Oracle database 19c with patches Gen 2022 (19.14)
- Oracle database 12.2 with patches Gen 2022
- HammerDB 4.3 (benchmarking and load testing software designed for database)
- Sql Developer 21.4.2 (Gen 2022)
Oracle Instances pre-installed
- CDB1 (multitenant 12.2c)
- DB12 (single instance 12.2c)
- CDB2 (multitenant 19c)
Any questions or suggestions? write in the comments!