This hands-on lab runs in an Oracle VM VirtualBox environment. VirtualBox 6.1 is the minimum recommended Version.
In order to run the lab effectively you will need the following.
- CPU: Dual-core CPU
- Memory: 8+ GB RAM
- Disk space:
- 39.00 GB for download of ova file
- 50.00 GB for expanded VM image
- NOTE: If your hardware is near the minimums, you will need to adjust the virtual machine settings inside VirtualBox. See below.
- Any 64-bit OS on which Oracle VirtualBox is available
- Oracle VM VirtualBox 6.1 or later. Download the latest version from http://www.virtualbox.org
- Also include the VirtualBox Extensions package. This is a separate download from the same location
Software installed into virtual machine:
- Oracle Linux 8.6 with unbreakable kernel R6 (based kernel 5.4)
- Oracle database 21c with patches Apr 2022 (21.6)
- Oracle database 19c with patches Apr 2022 (19.15)
- Oracle database 12.2 with patches Gen 2022
- HammerDB 4.4 (benchmarking and load testing software designed for database)
- Sql Developer 21.4.3 (March 2022)
Oracle Instances pre-installed
- CDB1 (multitenant 12.2c)
- DB12 (single instance 12.2c)
- CDB2 (multitenant 19c)
- User : oracle Password : oracle (the user is enabled for to do “sudo -s” or “sudo su – root”)
- User : root Password : oracle
Any questions or suggestions? write in the comments!
Hello this is great help.
Could you share the root password to my email id please.
I’ve modified the post and add it the user for to do the login.
In a few days I will release the new version with the latest patches.
Thank you for putting together this versatile virtual box. I have already put it to use for a work Proof Of Concept.
Please let me know if you aware of anyone who already has built a virtualbox image that includes forms and reports v12?
If not, I’ll just build one on top of what you have already provided.
In these days will be release a new version of the image and will be include also Oracle forms and reports :-).